Welcome to a fulfilling creative experience, where there are no mistakes, imperfection is encouraged,
and using found scraps and foraged bits to make art is thrilling!
Love the idea of using all kinds of stuff to make a work of art
Especially love fabrics, paper, and mixing it up
Get a thrill out of thrifting or using junk to make things
Want to learn several mixed media techniques
Would enjoy a virtual craft retreat atmosphere with creative inspiration and social connection if you choose
You are in the right place!
This workshop will be delivered in 5 parts:
Replays will be available in your private library on our website.
We will dig into:
- Foraging for useable items from nature to use in our art
- Using fabric and textiles
- Hunting, gathering & making collage material
- Altering and aging paper and textiles
- Freestyle hand stitching &/or machine stitching on fabric and paper
- Creating your own mark making tools & stamps
- Using unexpected items for mark making
- Dyeing and distressing paper & textiles
- Safely using fire to alter and age paper
- Simple book binding
- Assembling it all into an art book
Be inspired by others in our private community, a safe place to share your work.